Sarah, Hopefully

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Topeka Trip

Woo woo! It feels a lot later than it really is. Maybe 'cause I'm used to getting home really late- midnightish- and I got home around 11 tonight. It's only 10-till right now! Geeze. :)

I got up around 1 today, but then I fell asleep on the couch for another hour. Guess I wasn't really ready to wake up. I was supposed to start packing today, but all I really did was lay out all my school supplies on my bed and fold about 7 articles of clothing. Yeah..... I really wasn't very motivated. I'll just pack all 140lbs tomorrow! Hehe. I actually hope I don't have THAT much luggage. If I had to haul it anywhere, it'd be rather difficult.

Murl and I went to Topeka for a fun evening. I drove us over to Olive Garden, where we had tons of yummy food. Then we wandered around the Westridge Mall. I bought MORE clothes, believe it or not... their Old Navy is a lot bigger than ours. I got a fun colored button down shirt, two colorful tank tops, and some really pretty green pajama bottoms. They're striped with flowers and pretty lacy embroidery. :) After the mall we went over to Barnes and Noble and chilled for quite a while. Murl spent lotsa $$$ there... to each his own, I guess. ;) The drive to and from Topeka really isn't that bad. Much less stressful than the one to KC! I should drive that 5 or 6 times to get over my fear of highways. ;)

I feel... squeezed. My heart is suffocating. I'm aching to have more time... to be with the people and things that I love. (Arby's cherry turnovers!!!) I want to spend more time with my parents, with Murl... I want to eat all of my favorite foods... 4 different kinds of toast, 3 different cereals, Arby's, Chipotle, McDonalds, Applebee's. Yesterday I said goodbye to my sistah-sistah... sadly, I was half asleep. I'm gonna miss her, though. We never talked about what to do with Churro... take him with me? Leave him here for Julia? Hm.

I have this huge lump in my throat, and I just want to go curl up between my parents in their bed. Growing up hurts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home