Sarah, Hopefully

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Itchy Itchy

I got eaten up by bugs at the Jardín Botánico the other day, and now my legs are ITCHY. Make it stoooop!

I don´t have much to report. This week is a lot less crazy than last week was. It´s the final week of this level of Spanish class, so it just feels like things are winding down. Tomorrow I give my presentation on the Mexican state of Aguascalientes (Hot Springs), and Friday I have my final in Grammer. I got a 96 on my Grammer test yesterday. I really should just learn not to freak out after tests, because I always freak out and I always do okay. But if I didn´t freak out I wouldn´t be me, would I?

On Friday there is some sort of big Welcome party to all the students in the Spanish program. That, or it´s a party for all the students at UAG, period. I wasn´t really clear on that. Food, music, and prizes were mentioned. If they feed me and give me the chance to win something free, I´m all for it! I think that´s a typical college student mentality. ;)

I´ve been online so much this week that I am forgetting what I´ve written about before. Have I talked about going to Mazetlan next week? The Mexican Día de Independencia is on Thursday, and we have no class Thursday (and essentially friday, because nobody is going to show up, teachers included, or so I am told.) Anyway... it´s an 8 hour bus ride that I will take on Wednesday (I think after classes) with 3 other people, not all of whom I know (or even know their names yet!). However, Katie and her friends Nicole and Bebe (who are really nice) will already be there when I get there (they leave tuesday night at midnight; the night bus is cheaper and they´ll have all of wednesday in Mazetlan. The downside is that they miss an extra day of class.) It should be a good experience... I´ll get to see how Mexico celebrates its independence firsthand! I´ll be sure to take lots of pictures.

Sorry my life isn´t more interesting. Um... yeah. Yesterday I went to work at Heidi y Pedro... Jahell had me labeling jars full of beads for making necklaces and bracelets and things. Two of these little boys were fighting- one of them was Mario, who I think has some mental disability. He´s really hard to understand when he speaks, but he´s generally a really sweet kid. This other boy was picking on him- picking up the stamps he was putting in a book, ripping them up, throwing them out in the rain, kicking him... it wasn´t fun. Oh well. It wasn´t that big of a deal, really. I don´t have to go back today... I´m going to work on my poster for my presentation tomorrow and practice what I´ll say. Hopefully I will be a little more smooth and entertaining than some of the people who presented today... *wince* You know how sometimes when people are speaking you get physically uncomfortable because they pause for so long or make weird mistakes? Yeah.

Okay. Please, write me, post in your blogs, take 5 minutes to update me on your life! I am desperate for any tidbits of news you have for me. ;) shgarlow@yahoo.com

Oh yeah... the package from my parents STILL isn´t here. It´s to the point where all I have to do is show up in the door of the Intercambio office and the secretary says, "Nope." Grrrr. Supposedly FedEx delivered it on Monday at 2:15. Delivered it where??? Not to me. Aaaaaaah. Dumb FedEx Mexico Delivery Stupid People!

3 Comments:

  • I suppose you haven't gotten my card yet either? I sent it to the same address as the package...eeps. It may just not be there yet, letters take eons to get to Mexico.

    By Blogger Julia, at 3:38 PM  

  • I'm still awake. This is going to make tomorrow (or, uh, TODAY) very very much not fun.

    Hmm, grammar? Nahhh. Who needs it.

    By Blogger Courtney, at 1:04 AM  

  • It's actually 4:04 am... I'm an hour later than your blog. :P

    By Blogger Courtney, at 1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home