Sarah, Hopefully

Monday, September 06, 2004

Jardín Botánico

Woo woo... Happy Monday, everybody. I hope that all of you who are still residing in the US of A are enjoying your day off... I had school today. Poopy.

So... my weekend! Saturday Katie went downtown to watch the mariachi festival. I didn´t feel like doing that, so I went to the mall. Yay! Las Galerias is a veeeeeeeeeeery nice mall. I went into all the stores, but I didn´t buy anything. Then I went to WalMart and spent about thirty dollars. I bought lotsa food to snack on, shampoo, conditioner, and the only magazine I could find that was in English. Yes, I am now the proud owner of an issue of Modern Bride magazine. I told Julia I´ve got lots of ideas for her wedding. ;)

Yesterday Katie wanted to go to the mall and look for a radio. All we found was this clunky huge ugly thing at Radio Shack that for some insane reason cost $40 US. Uh, no. Then I went to Zara and bought a cute shirt for about $20 US. Hooray! :) I´m wearing it today. It´s green. Big surprise.

I don´t have lots to say... Oh, the title. Every day after we walk in through the gates of the University, we pass this botanical garden that looks really cool. Today my Conversation class took a mini field trip to visit the garden. It was cool, but now I feel kind of itchy and sticky and gross. Oh well. At some point I´ll go back there with a camera or something. (Just what I need: more pictures of plants!)

Tomorrow I have a test... Thursday I make a presentation... and Friday I have a final. That´s right! Friday is the last day of my first unit of Spanish. Hopefully next week I will start Level 5. If all goes well I will complete Level 7 by the time I come home. I´m thinking about taking a couple of general ed classes at JCCC next semester... if I do that and a job, maybe i won´t sit around being a bum for 9 months. Heh. That made me sound like I´m pregnant. Noooooooope... that´s just the amount of time I will have at home after Mexico and before I go to college. Have I mentioned how I don´t think I´m going to come back for semester 2? I don´t know what I would study, I don´t really like this enough to do it a second semester, and if I can save $9000 for college, that´s definitely a bonus. Plus I could get a job at home and save money from that. So, yeah. December 4, I´m home for good! Or... for a really rediculously long time.

Today is exactly 1 month of me being in Mexico. Woo! I only have to do this about 3 more times. Super Duper.

2 Comments:

  • Sar! I got a blog! I'm glad you're having more fun. did I say that last time? it feels so familiar. haha. drop by sometime. it's genevieve7070

    By Blogger Genevieve, at 1:33 PM  

  • Jen's parents gave us an entire box of fortune cookies; they're really yummy. Your fortune is: "You love variety and have a warm heart." AWWWW

    By Blogger Courtney, at 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home