Sarah, Hopefully

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Layers

I know everyone wants an entry about my adventures in Mazetlan, but I am going to save that one for tomorrow. For now, here´s some fun. If you read carefully, you may actually get clues about my adventures! ;)


LAYER ONE:
Name: Sarah Hope Garlow (because I think it´s all in my profile anyway)
Birthplace: Lawrence, Kansas
Birthdate: May 12, 1986
Current location: Zapopan, Guadalajara, Mexico
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Light brown
Height: 5 foot 9, about
Righty or Lefty: Righty
Zodiac sign: Taurus

LAYER TWO
Your heritage: German
The shoes you wore today: My $4 Payless sandals that have definitely given me my money´s worth
Your weakness: I have many.
Your fears: Being unwanted, being purposeless
Your perfect pizza: Pepperoni and black olives
Goals you would like to achieve: Going to college, getting married, being happy

LAYER THREE
Your most overused phrase on AIM: haha or lol, probably
Your thoughts first waking up: I had better get in the shower so Katie can get dressed.
Your bedtime: Usually by 10 or 11. We get up early here!
Your most missed memory: All things American, all of my friends from high school... belonging.

LAYER FOUR
Pepsi or Coke: Coke, and not just because Pepsi is almost nonexistent in Mexico
McDonalds or Burger King: McDonalds. In fact, I just ate there! Mm, french fries and pay de manzana
Single or group dates: Group dates when you don´t know each other, single once it gets serious
Adidas or Nike: No preference. I rarely buy either. I think my tennis shoes now are Adidas, though.
Ice tea or Nestea: Ew, neither
Chocolate or Vanilla: Vanilla
Cappuccino or Coffee: Ew, neither.

LAYER FIVE
Smoke:no
Cuss: sometimes
Sing: Yes... I wish I could sing more here, though
Take a shower every day: yes
Have a crush: yes
Do you think you´ve been in love: yes
Want to go to college: yes, please
Like(d) high school: Yes, for the most part... I miss it, which says something.
Want to get married: Yes
Believe in yourself: Not very much since coming here...
Get motion sickness: never
Think you´re attractive: occasionally. Apparently the Mexicans think I am, though
Think you´re a health freak: Ha! Hahahahahaha.... ha. No.
Get along with your parents: Yes, very well
Like thunderstorms: I love the sound of rain on the roof, unless it´s leaking
Play an instrument: my voice, but other than that... I can plink on the piano.

LAYER SIX
In the past month...
Drank alcohol: Yes, tequila
Smoked: no
Done a drug: no
Had sex: no
Made out: noo
Gone on a date: noo
Gone to the mall: yes, this afternoon, in fact. McDonalds is there.
Eaten an entire box of Oreos: Sadly, yes. Last night I gave this guy volleyball player a package of oreos because he was starving on the bus.
Eaten sushi: nope
Been on stage: no
Been dumped: no
Gone skating: no
Made homemade cookies: I haven´t cooked since arriving in Mexico
Gone skinny dipping: nope. I almost swam in my clothes, but then I bought a swimsuit from a vendor on the beach
Dyed your hair: Never!
Stolen anything: nope

LAYER SEVEN
Ever...
Played a game that required the removal of clothing: he, yes
Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: nope
Been caught "doing something": not... really...
Been called a tease: no
Been beaten up: no
Shoplifted: no
Changed who you were to fit in: Ugh. I seem to do that a lot since being here, also.

LAYER EIGHT
Age you hope to be married: By the age of 26
Numbers and Names of Children: 2, maybe 3... I´d like to use family names, but I don´t know what.
Describe your dream wedding: Formal, with lots of friends and family, very gorgeous... with partying afterwards
How do you want to die: Without knowing that I am dying. In my sleep, or a crash where I die instantly or something
Where do you want to go to college: Azusa Pacific University in Azusa, California
What do you want to be when you grow up: A woman like my mother
What country would you most like to visit: Right now? The good old US of A!

LAYER NINE
In a guy/girl...
Best eye color: Any
Best hair color: Any
Short or long hair: Nothing weird
Height: Taller than me
Best weight: Any
Best articles of clothing: Looking good... not dumpy or sloppy or ripped or anything
Best first date location: Someplace where there is enough going on that there´s not awkward silence, but that it´s quiet enough to be able to talk and get to know each other.

LAYER TEN
# of drugs taken illegally: none, that I can think of
# of people I could trust with my life: a few
# of CD´s that I own: between 50 and 100
# of piercings: none
# of tattoos: 1. Just kidding! haha. None.
# of scars on my body: Not many. Maybe one or two.
# of past things that I regret: A lot.

Okay. I promise, tales from Mazetlan tomorrow. Just know that I had fun, I made friends, I relaxed, and I am home safe. :) ¡Hasta mañana!

2 Comments:

  • Yay!

    By Blogger Courtney, at 7:06 PM  

  • hi sarah,
    im junita, from malaysia, but living in australia..im just blog hopping, and im very interested in guardalajara, mexico,,could u help me obtaining some information, plus procedure to work/study there for instance?

    http://sevcin.blogspot.com or
    sevcin@hotmail.com

    By Blogger shamb!edbaby, at 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home