Sarah, Hopefully

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Aunque no te pueda ver

Si ayer tuviste un día gris, tranquila,
yo haré canciones para ver
si así consigo hacerte sonreir
Si lo que quieres es huir, camina,
yo haré canciones para ver
si así consigo fuerzas para vivir.
No tengo más motivos para darte
que este miedo que me da
el no volver a verte nunca más.

Creo ver la lluvia caer;
en mi ventana te veo pero no está lloviendo,
no es más que un reflejo de mi pensamiento.
¡Hoy te echo de menos!
Yo solo quiero hacerte saber,
amigo estés donde estés,
que si te falta el aliento
yo te lo daré.
Si te sientes solo, háblame,
que te estaré escuchando
aunque no te pueda ver.
¡Aunque no te pueda ver!

De tantas cosas que perdí diría
que solo guardo lo que fue
mágico tiempo que nació un abril.
Miradas tristes sobre mí se anida
y se hacen parte de mi piel,
y ahora siempre llueve porque estoy sin ti.
No tengo más motivos para darte
que esta fría soledad,
que necesito darte tantas cosas más.

Creo ver la lluvia caer;
en mi ventana te veo pero no está lloviendo,
no es más que un reflejo de mi pensamiento.
¡Hoy te echo de menos!
Yo solo quiero hacerte saber,
amigo estés donde estés,
que si te falta el aliento
yo te lo daré.
Si te sientes solo, háblame,
que te estaré escuchando
aunque no te pueda ver.
¡Aunque no te pueda ver!

-Alex Ubago

So I found out yesterday that my grandfather isn´t doing very well... he fell down a couple of weeks ago and they think it may have been a small stroke. Since then he hasn´t been talking or eating much... he´s kind of given up. That news really upset me... I mean, I went with my parents and we visited my grandpa this summer, and we said then that it could be the last time I see him... but I didn´t really believe it, you know? Anyway... my parents are in Neosho today for my great aunt´s funeral, but mostly they are seeing how my grandpa is doing. I told them that I will trust their judgement- if he´s just down, okay. I´ll wait until I get home to see him. But if it seems like this could really be it... I´m going to go home next week. Having two more weeks in Mexico isn´t worth never seeing him again.

Anyway... yeah. So that´s been kind of stressful... I mean, I called my mom, upset about the necklace, and then wound up being upset about something completely different. Suffice to say, yesterday wasn´t a great day. Today is better. Just kind of chillin´... I´m debating going to the movies. There isn´t really anything I am dying to see... but new movies come out Friday. Like... Bridget Jones 2. AND Princess Diaries 2!!!!!!! Hahahaa! I am so excited. It´s really sad... PD2 came out in the US just two days after I left in August... and here it is, coming out in Mexico 2 weeks before I leave. Haha. Murl bought it for me on DVD, but I would still like to see it on the big screen. I´m sure I will be happy to own it afterwards! :)

I think I may give in and buy some cheap DVDs here... I know, I know. It´s wrong to support piracy... but apparently it´s not as wrong in Mexico as it is in the US. ;)

My life seems so... upside down. Only 17 days left. This weekend I think I get to go to Tonalá with Gabe and some other people. Finally, I can buy people souveniers! I made a "priority" list and a "secondary" list of people to buy gifts for. My dad and my sister are priorities, and I won`t tell you where my different friends fall... you might feel insulted. ;) I just need to find something little and cool and Mexican that is cheap and buy a whole bunch of it to give to everyone. Haha. Way easier than buying individual gifts, sorry!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh I want thanksgiving! I am so jealous of everyone in the US who gets to go home next week!!! My host family was asking us about Thanksgiving today at lunch... Katie and some kids in her class want to cook thanksgiving dinner at alfonso`s apartment, but I am kind of skeptical of our ability to bake a turkey, you know? Especially because I don`t think Alfonso has anything in the way of cooking utensils or pans... We looked all over the grocery store the other day for canned pumpkin (to bake a pie), but no such luck. I don`t think they sell stuffing here, either. Maybe we could find some place to cater one for us. ;)

Okay, that´s all. Enjoy the day.


4 Comments:

  • That really is a stinky end to any day, I'm sorry Sarah. On the plus side, you don't have to be in Mexico much longer; just think of all the FOOD!!

    applebees...bambinos...chipotle ;)

    Hurry home

    By Blogger Spesearg, at 4:20 PM  

  • Hey, I'm not going home for Thanksgiving either. And I'm kind of jealous of everyone that is. But I figure it'll make winter break 20% more exciting because the anticipation will definitely be building up. I'm so sorry you were victimized. I was actually going to tell you that you had "victim" written on your forehead, but you seem to have already figured that out. I'm really sorry. Stupid thieves. Anyway, Happy Turkey Day! See you in December!

    William

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:43 AM  

  • I'd best be on dat priori-tay list, suckah FOO! ;P

    By Blogger Courtney, at 10:22 AM  

  • Update your BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWG. I wanna hear how you liked PD2! Here's what my buddy info says right now, since you can't see info on aim express:

    Since I'm not super excited about a Thanksgiving without my Uncle's smoked turkey, I'll make a list of what I'm looking forward to over Christmas break:

    1.Hanging out with my sister for the first time in 4 months! Watching First Daughter, Raise Your Voice, and the 2nd season of Gilmore Girls together!

    2. 3 weeks with Tyler! It'll be the longest consecutive period of time we've ever spent together.

    3. Seeing Meet the Fockers and Oceans 12.

    4. Chipotle any time I want.

    5. Absolutely no homework/papers hanging over my head.

    6. Sitting in the dark in my living room watching the Christmas lights on the tree blink.

    7. Listening to Handel's Messiah while I eat Christmas cookies.

    8. Finishing the year long Scrabble tourney...5 more games and I win!

    9. Seeing my sister in law for the first time in a year.

    10. Having my entire family around the same table.

    By Blogger Julia, at 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home