Sarah, Hopefully

Friday, November 12, 2004

Hey-o, what do you know?

Hm. Blogger is now in Spanish. Go figure. So, here´s a "nueva entrada" for y'all to enjoy.

I am a mess. I don´t really know what´s wrong with me. I´ve been a space case all week. The only things I really feel like doing are sleeping, listening to music, using the internet, and talking to people I know on the phone. Seriously... I have talked to my mom almost every day in the last week and a half. I know that a lot of that was because of my back problems and whatever, but still... yesterday I skipped my negocios class so I could call people and talk. I couldn´t think about anything else. This is pathetic!

22 more days. It´s amazing. I can´t wait, honestly. I am just... dying for this time to have already passed so I can be on a plane on my way home. I´m still pretty depressed about Thanksgiving... last night I was watching ER like I do every Thursday night... it´s awesome because they show one of the new episodes and then right after it they show one of the old classic episodes from when Dr. Greene was still on the show, and Carol Hathaway, and George Clooney... ah. Anyway... last night was the classic episode where it´s Thanksgiving Day and Carol has twins. I can remember watching that episode with my family in a hotel room in Neosho one thanksgiving. I was on a roll-away bed right in front of the television. We were all so excited that she had had her babies! And then I was listening to the Josh Groban "Closer" album and I remembered how last year I listened to it in the car on the way home from my aunt´s house. And I was really, really sad. I miss family thanksgiving. I hate knowing that I probably won´t be able to be there for the next few years, either, if I go to school in California. It´s not fair! I know it would be completely unreasonable to come home for Thanksgiving when it´s only a week away from when I come home for good... but you don´t realize how important certain traditions are to you until you can´t participate in them anymore.

I have been blind, unwilling to see
The true love you're giving.
I have ignored every blessing.
I'm on my knees confessing

That I feel myself surrender
Each time I see your face.
I am staggered by your beauty,
Your unassuming grace.
And I feel my heart is turning,
Falling into place.
I can't hide
Now hear my confession.

I have been wrong about you.
Thought I was strong without you.
For so long nothing could move me.
For so long nothing could change me.

Now I feel myself surrender
Each time I see your face
.I am captured by your beauty,
Your unassuming grace.
And I feel my heart is turning,
Falling into place.
I can't hide
Now hear my confession.

[bridge:]
You are the air that I breath.
You're the ground beneath my feet.
When did I stop believing?

Cause I feel myself surrender
Each time I see your face.
I am staggered by your beauty,
Your unassuming grace.
And I feel my heart
Falling into place.
I can't hide
Now hear my confession.
I can't hide
Now hear my confession.
Hear my confession


Oh my gosh... I just panicked and thought I had lost this entire entry. Phew!

I guess I´m kind of depressed... I wish that I had someone to come visit me. It could be really fun... we could take a day trip to Tlaquepaque or Tonalá and go shopping... we could go to the Plazas. I could show them the school and where I work. We could tour Guadalajara's centro... maybe go to a game at the Jalisco stadium. Maybe we could even travel farther- to Puerto Vallarta or Guanajuato. I don´t know. I´m so jealous of these other people who have had family come visit and have taken vacations. It´s hard to know that the only way people are going to know the people and places I talk about are through my stories and my crappy pictures. I want to show someone around, you know? I want someone to see what my life here is like. And... I don´t get that chance.

I hate being so melancholy. I hate knowing that for the next three weeks I am sitting and waiting anxiously until I get to go home. I really like Mexico. I don´t know why I am so anxious to leave. I am just... ready. Ready ready ready. And really really really unwilling to go to class today... bleh... but I skipped a class yesterday, so I shouldn´t do it today. I guess I could skip a different class... hm. No, bad Sarah. No skipping class! Aargh. My sister gets to go home this weekend. Lucky her. I know she has big papers and stuff waiting for her when she gets back, though. She´s not even going to the family thanksgiving this year... she´s going to Tyler´s family´s thanksgiving. Woo woo. I hope that works out nicely. ;)

I´m sure my blog must be really boring for everyone to read because I´m always whining about how I´d like to go home. Haha. I apologize... my life isn´t really that exciting right now, so there´s nothing else for me to write about. Basically my days have consisted of school, the computer place, McDonalds, and home. I´ve been working on typing up college applications... I´m a little more than halfway done, yay. I know I have talked to a few of you online... feel free to IM me if you see me signed on. Either SquishyPoet or PoetOfHope on AIM. Or, as always, feel free to email me at SHGarlow@yahoo.com. I´ll try not to be too boring.

1 Comments:

  • I see how it is. Don't even comment that you spent nearly an hour being amused via AIM by an insanely hyper Lauren?

    Psssshhh...cheer up chica! 22 days! Huzzah!

    -Lauren

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home