Sarah, Hopefully

Monday, November 22, 2004

Mexico hates me!

Haha. Yeah... so, I got the flu. I was sitting there on Thursday trying to study for a test and kept getting distracted by the dancing monkeys on my pajama pants, and my teeth were chattering uncontrollably and stuff. I took my temperature and had a fever of 100.7. So... no school for Sarah on Friday. My house mom drove me to see the university doctor (man, that guy and I are really getting to know each other, huh?) and then I got some medicine from the pharmacy and just... chilled. Slept, watched TV, felt yucky... fun! I`ve never had the achy kind of flu before. It was rather interesting. (Not.) At least it wasn´t the stomach flu so I wasn´t barfing my brains out, whee!

Anyway... so Friday and Saturday were spent just sitting around my bedroom. Fun times. Yesterday I finally had more energy, hooray, so I left the house. I went to see "The Princess Diaries 2". It was soooooooooo good! I had to see it in the VIP theater because the normal ones were dubbed over, and I wanted subtitles! The VIP theater is really cool. There are all these leather recliners with little side tables, foot rests that come out, waiters who will bring you special food before the movie if you order it, tons of leg room... it was amazing. I quite enjoyed the indulgance after two days of invalidism. I loved the movie, too. Her wedding dress was sooo pretty! There were a few parts that had me laughing out loud... sometimes by myself. I don´t think all the fun verbal humor translates. Oh well. Their loss. ;)

My grandpa is going into the hospital for a few days... not a big deal, he`s done it before. He usually perks up when more people are around, too... nurses for him to tease and whatnot. I just wish I could be there instead of wasting my time here. Clearly Mexico doesn´t want me here... I had 6 weeks worth of back problems, shots, got robbed twice, and now the flu. I can take the hint! Only 12 more days and I am out of here... but man, I am really mad about no thanksgiving. Katie is trying to make thanksgiving dinner at alfonsos, but he doesn´t have a lot of dishes, she doesn´t have a lot of experience, and mexico doesn´t have a lot of the necessary ingredients for thanksgiving dinner. *sigh* It just can´t be like thanksgiving at home.

I just want turkey and stuffing and gravy and mashed potatoes and rolls and pumpkin pie and my aunts and uncles and cousins and all the kids and sitting in the living room of my aunts house eating off of TV trays while everyone talks and laughs and to see my mom and my dad and everything.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh... Mexico hates meeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

  • But I love you!

    By Blogger Courtney, at 5:28 PM  

  • I'm sorry you're sick. Since you're lounging around with nothing to do, read this story. Love, William

    It was a warm afternoon as Sarah walked down the streets of Guadelajara. The fall temperatures were a nice break from the constant summer heat, but something wasn't quite right. Sarah felt more than a little warm. In fact, she had a fever.

    She sighed a lonely sigh. She really did not want to see the doctor again. It would be the fifth time she'd been to see the doctor since she'd arrived in Mexico. She hadn't expected to have so many health-related problems, but something kept coming up right after the next. First, the mysterious food poisoning, then the mysterious injury she had received in her sleep. Not to mention her necklace had been stolen by a construction worker.

    She walked into the doctor's office.

    "Your name?" asked the secretary. Except, of course, she asked it in Spanish, since she was in Mexico.

    "Sarah," she replied. Except of course, in Spanish.

    The secretary was about to tell Sarah to take a seat (in Spanish) but before the words were out of her mouth, the door swung wide open, the doctor smiling behind his clipboard.

    "I'm ready to see you, Sarah," he said. Except this time, it was in English.

    "So I understand you have a fever..." he nodded, his eyes looking off into the distance.

    Sarah paused for a moment. "How did you know?"

    As if he didn't hear her, he continued walking down the hallway, opening the door of the examination room. "You know, I had a girl in this morning who had a miserable fever. She had the stomach flu too, and she was barfing her brains out. Good thing I didn't have to deal with her for long. Just gave her some needles for self-injections and sent her on her merry way."

    Sarah sat down on the table. She didn't like how the tables here weren't covered with thin paper like they were in America. It seemed dirty.

    "Now, I'm going to need you to take your clothes off."

    Sarah stared at him blankly. "Why? I just have a fever."

    "It's necessary for the examination," the doctor repeated.

    There was an uncomfortable silence in the room.

    "Is there a female doctor who could do it...?"

    "No. I have to do it myself."

    "I don't feel comfortable taking off my clothes here."

    The doctor set his clipboard down and took off his glasses. A strange smile crept over his lips. "If here isn't good for you... what about my basement?"

    Suddenly a lightbulb went off in Sarah's head. The basement... where had she heard this before? It was so familiar... Suddenly, it hit her. She grabbed her purse (which had no money left in it--it had all been stolen) and smacked the doctor upside the head. She grabbed him by the nose and proceeded to yank off the mask covering his face.

    "Cody!" she screamed. "I knew it was you all along! Who else would continue to harrass me all the way in a foreign country with suggestions of making out in the basement?!"

    The doctor... er... Cody turned away in shame.

    "Sarah, I've never forgotten that dance we shared at our freshman formal."

    "I have. Cody, that was almost four years ago."

    Cody looked her square in the eye, an anger burning inside him. "I thought you loved me! And when you fled south of the border, I had to follow! I disguised myself as a doctor so I would be guaranteed to see you!"

    "What?" Sarah exclaimed. "How did you know you would be guaranteed to see me?"

    In an awkward pause, Cody hesitantly looked towards the ground.

    "Wait a minute..." Suddenly it all made sense. Sarah started piecing it together like a jigsaw puzzle. "That mysterious food poisoning? That mysterious injury that just happened in the middle of the night! Those were no coincidences! You did that deliberately!"

    Cody sighed. "All right, I'll admit it. It was I who poisoned your chicken that one night, and it was I that came to you in the middle of the night and broke your kneecap with a hammer. And, yes, I was the one who exposed you to certain bacteria to give you a 100.7 degree fever. It was the only way I'd be certain I could see you."

    "And that's why you gave me the self-injecting medicine? So I would have to come back here three times a day?"

    He nodded.

    "And what about my necklace?" Sarah demanded. "Where is it?!"

    "I haven't the slightest clue."

    "Cody, where is my necklace?!!"

    Embarrassed, he opened his pocket and pulled it out. "I couldn't stand the thought of another man giving this to you."

    Sarah snatched it from his open palm and turned away in disgust. So all these hospital visits... all these mysterious burglaries... these were all the fault of Cody.

    "Cody, I can't believe you," Sarah spat in disgust. "You have done nothing but ruin my time in Mexico! You are a sick man!"

    He paused. "So... does this still mean you want to make out in my basement when my parents aren't home?"

    Sarah grabbed a handful of syringes and jabbed them in his back before marching out of the hospital.

    For the remaining two weeks, Sarah lounged in the sun, no longer sick and no longer stolen from. Cody had been deported back to the states and she could now relax and enjoy everything about her time in a new country. She watched movies only at the VIP theater (with leather armchairs and tables with waiters) and ate nothing but imported American food. And when she came back to America for Christmas break, she was proud that she had indeed had the time of her life, even though it may have taken a while to get to that point. She was also very proud that she'd stabbed Cody with syringes. THE END.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:44 AM  

  • Oh, William. That was amazing.

    And cheers chica! Being sick ain't all that bad! I'm here with a cold and I'm having the time of my life!

    Feel chipper!

    -Lauren

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home