Sarah, Hopefully

Saturday, November 06, 2004

Needly goodness

Okay... I´m calmer now. No longer crying and researching flights home. ;) Hehe. Yeah... yesterday my host mom took me to a different pharmacy (I STILL keep wanting to spell that farmacy... dang you, Spanish!) that sold the medicine I needed for cheaper, so I bought that plus syringes. Ooh, fun! Then at 8 o´clock she took me to a hospital so I could recieve my injection. We went to the "emergency room", but it wasn´t at all like an American ER. It looked more like a hotel lobby than an ER. I just had to sign in, saying what medicine they were giving me, and pay 30 pesos. Then I went into a room where the nurse gave me the shot. A pain in the ass, literally. Hehe. That´s all. Took less than 5 minutes.

I had to wake up at 7:30 am today to go get my second shot... basically the same drill as the first. Then I came home and slept for 3 more hours. Woo, fun. The rest of my day has pretty much been spent chilling here at the computer lab... watching a bunch of Strongbad E-mails on homestarrunner.com. It´s been forever since I watched those... so funny!!! Good times. I also tortured myself by checking out chipotle.com because Courtney told me that she conned someone into driving her. Waaaaah! I want sooooooooome!!!

I started making the Official Food List last night. Writing it down, I mean... It has all the food I want to eat, from all different places: restaurants, home, in general. Appearing on the list: Chipotle, Jimmy John´s, pumpkin pie, steak, Hy-Vee rolls, real fruit juice. Aah... exactly 4 weeks from today, my friends! 28 days! Like a Sandra Bullock movie, only I´m not in rehab. Or that other movie about 28 days... I never really found out what that one was about... I think dead people. Anyway. I am anxiously anticipating. As I am sure you all are, too!

Aaaah... I started really thinking about Thanksgiving... and how I won´t be there... it´s really, really sad. That feeling as you wake up and don´t have school and there´s all that good food in your future and maybe you watch the Macy´s Parade... And you see all your family and your grandparents and your aunts and uncles and cousins and second cousins and everyone else... or even if it´s just your immediate family, it´s still a special day. Turkey. Pumpkin pie. Mashed potatoes. Cranberry sauce. All the foooooooooooooooooood! Good lord, I am really torturing myself today, aren´t I? And yesterday I was looking at OldNavy.com. All the cute clothes that I can´t buy! Waaaaaaaah!

Okay. Enough whining. It´s time to head home so I can go get another shot. Whee! Only 8 more to go...

Send me emails at shgarlow@yahoo.com. :)


3 Comments:

  • You're going to miss tantalizingly tender-roasted turkey with delicious savory gravy ladled in large helpings and fluffy buttery mashed potatoes. Tart and sweet cranberry sauce freshly made and served hot from the stove.

    Crisp, tangy cider will be served along with assorted juices and wines. Afterwards, a fresh slice of pumpkin pie with home-made whipped cream spooned generously atop it. Each bite will be filled with that wholesome spicy-pumpkinyness that you will miss. I can almost smell the nutmeg-cinnamon-pumpkin aroma.

    Ah, yes. Thanksgiving. A joy to the world.

    Enjoying Mexican food?

    -Lauren

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:14 PM  

  • Now that was just cruel! She should be given a salt water enema on the spot. ;)

    What was it you wanted to tell me about? I'm heeeere, and there's no email, and you haven't been online, and I'm anxiously awaiting the news. C'mon c'mon!

    By Blogger Courtney, at 9:03 PM  

  • A salt-water enema? Who's cruel now? *sniffle sniffle* You older people, think you can abuse us young'uns..waaahhhh. Meanie-heads.

    You know you love me. And I totally could not resist making that scrumptious note. It made me hunger for Thanksgiving as well. Is it coincidence that a Thanksgiving commerical is on while I'm typing this?

    -Lauren

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home