Sarah, Hopefully

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Victimize Me

I must have the word "victim" written on my forehead, or a sign on my back that says "rob me!". Aaaaaaaaargh. I am so frustrated right now.

First of all: Last friday night I went to a party at Alyssa´s house for James. He had to go home early because his dad was sick. Anyway... it was a good party: There were a ton of people there, and a lot of them were drunk, but Gabe and I hung out drinking sprite and green tea and stuff. Not everyone was drinking, so it was okay. But yeah... I decided at one point to take a picture of me with Alyssa and James. I went and got my digital camera, shut my bag, took the picture, and was talking to James when we noticed Alyssa´s older sister getting really upset. Turns out someone had stolen her money and cell phone from her purse. Someone had stolen Alyssa´s cell phone, too. I went to check my bag and someone had stolen from me, too. Luckily I had my camera with me and not in the bag, and I only had about 200 pesos in my wallet- less than 20 dollars. They didn´t steal my ID or bank cards or anything. It kind of killed the night, though. Alyssa´s sister was blaming Alyssa for letting people in that she didn´t know, but the party was so big that it would have been rather impossible to patrol. James and Gabe were going around checking the pockets and purses of people who nobody really knew, but they didn´t find the thieves. It sucked... I think James felt bad, and it was a party for him. It was sad.

Yeah... and then this morning when I was getting ready for school, I realized that the silver heart necklace that Murl gave me for Valentine´s day wasn´t on my desk where it always is. I think that one of the guys who has been working on our house stole it, because they have to keep going through our room to get to the little balcony thing. I am furious. I´m mad at myself for being that stupid, I´m mad at the workers because they have done a crappy job anyway and then they STEAL from me... I´m mad at Mexico for being so dumb when they designed houses so that the only way anyone can work on the back of the house is by trucking through the house and making everything filthy. All of the houses are connected to each other, there are no side yards, there is no other way to get to the back...

I´m just....... pissed off. I know I am never going to see that necklace again, and I loved that necklace. I wore it at least twice a week- more than any other piece of jewelry I own. I hope whoever stole it got a good price for it, or that their wife/girlfriend enjoys wearing it as much as I did. Damn it. I am so mad. Can I please just go home now???

1 Comments:

  • We await you with open arms and a nice shotgun in case any more stupid Mexican ass-wipes take stuff from you again.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home