Sarah, Hopefully

Friday, December 03, 2004

I'll fly away...

Home is weird. Life is weird. I have no concrete plans for the next nine months. How crazy is that?

Next week I'm going to start looking for a job. Hopefully I can find something where I can use my Spanish, but if not, I'll have to settle for a run-of-the-mill employment opportunity. We'll see what happens... I need to find some way to stay in practice or all of the improvements I made in my Spanish over the last semester will go to waste. That would suck royally.

I've been eating a lot. I just keep feeling this compulsion to search through the kitchen for things to munch on. I'm trying not to succumb to my instincts, though. I miraculously did not gain any weight while in Mexico... how that happened, I'm not sure. I don't want to spoil it now by pigging out, though.

I just went to Hastings and rented a couple of movies to watch on the DVD player my parents bought while I was away. It's kind of awkward that the TV and DVD player are right in the living room now, though... I feel bad for kicking my parents out of the main part of the house, but it's their own fault, right? Julia said she might bring her TV and DVD player home for Christmas, though, so we could put those in the basement and have a way to escape.

I just wish... I could make decisions. That I knew what I wanted or what the future held... that I was more mature and sure of myself and my direction. I keep trying to be a grown up, but I think everyone is secretly laughing at me and thinking to themselves, "She's still such a kid." Argh.

Time to watch a girly movie and eat popcorn all by myself, yay.

2 Comments:

  • Haha, that's so what I just did the other night with Bridget Jones and harvest cheddar sunchips.

    By Blogger Courtney, at 5:28 PM  

  • Wait... what does this mean? You have no plans for the next nine months? Aren't you going back to Mexico for next semester? Yes? But you do have plans for winter break, which do involve hanging out with me, because I will be back in Kansas on Dec. 12! Wahoo!
    William

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home