Sarah, Hopefully

Friday, December 24, 2004

It's Christmastime in the City

I just watched White Christmas with my dad and my sister. Good movie! I like it a lot. That's probably why I bought it on DVD a couple of weeks ago, hehe.

It has been SO COLD here lately... it really makes me reluctant to leave the house. Bleh. My grandma got here on Thursday... things are always a little strange when people stay here. For one, I have to sleep on the couch. She's really hard of hearing, too, so everybody has to speak REALLY LOUDLY for her to hear us. She always asks me questions about the computer... not entirely her fault, because when she asks anyone else in the family they all say, "Oh, Sarah would know." Grr. This time she was asking about how digital cameras work and how Julia and I manage to have all of our pictures as our screen savers. She likes to write these little stories about things, too... She's writing one now about "Christmas in Kansas." She picks up on the weirdest details, like the fact that we have a picture of wheat being harvested on our living room wall. Whatever. It's Grandma... you get used to it. ;)

The whole family has gotten into crossword puzzles. It started with my parents doing them to try and keep their minds young or something... now my dad, Julia, and I keep getting involved in them. We even took one to the church this evening to entertain ourselves before the candlelight service started. ;) Julia has been teaching me to knit, too, even though I kind of suck at it so far... I guess I'm improving, but not by much. ;) Practice makes perfect, I suppose? I keep just pulling it all out and starting over until I can get it right. We'll see. At this rate, I won't make anything useful until next Christmas!

Anywho... I suppose I should go to bed so I can get up at a decent hour and open presents. I don't really know what I'm getting... the days when I went hunting under the tree every day to investigate all the packages have gone by. I don't know how many presents I have or what shapes they are or anything. I only know that my mom got me a DVD, but which one, I don't know. I guess I could go through this basket of credit card receipts right next to me... but then where would all the fun be? Nope... I'll wait a few more hours and then find out. I don't really need anything, except for a job, and that won't come wrapped under the tree. ;) So... no matter what, I'll be happy, and tomorrow I get to eat the big turkey dinner I missed out on at Thanksgiving!! :) I think Papa and Julia and I are going to go see Spanglish, too... Murl and I had talked about going, but we watch movies all the time and I need to spend more quality time with my family.

Hope everyone is having a very merry Christmas. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home