Sarah, Hopefully

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Beam me up, Cloney!

I just watched Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. Good grief, what a horrible movie! The acting was terrible, the script was worse, and the plot? I have no idea what happened. Even though the originals were made back in the 70's when they didn't have all the multi-million dollar CGI technology, those films look way better than this computerized crap. They look realistic! Yoda was a puppet, but he looked like you could reach out and touch him. Because you could. I'm sure it would have taken a lot of time and effort to be all miniaturized and puppetized ala the original three, but A) They probably would have saved a ton of money and B) It would have looked GOOD. Maybe they could have earned a little respect from the die-hard Star Wars fans. I've watched all of those movies multiple times. This filth they have been producing lately... it dishonors the originals.

Strangely enough, I'm not as into Lord of the Rings as I am in to Star Wars. Considering LOTR is the Star Wars of my own generation, that's kind of odd. Then again, I haven't seen all of the LOTR movies more than once... My mom is dying to own them, so maybe then I'll get more into them. We've owned the Star Wars trilogy on VHS for years and years.

Wow, I'm such a geek sometimes.

Anyway... my dad came home and put the second coat on my walls in about an hour and a half, putting me to shame... it took me twice that long to do the first coat yesterday. Then again, he has more experience, and the first coat is harder. There's still a lot of touch ups to do, as well as the sponge painting... but it's looking good so far. :) Tomorrow I'll probably just do touch-ups... I have a voice lesson and a doctor's appointment, so I won't have time to experiment with fancy painting techniques. Saturday we're going to go buy me a new bed frame and then I'll try the sponging. Cross your fingers! ;) I'll post pictures once it's all done.

I miss my friends. Ashley, Courtney, Jenny... all of them. Murl is awesome, but still... sometimes you just need some girls to hang out with and have girl talk with and be silly with, you know? Things change... okay, I am not going to have another melancholy entry! No no no.

Ooh! I got a call from Georgia Joe today. He called me from ISRAEL. Totally awesome. We could relate on some of our study abroad experiences... he won't be back until June, though. Apparently he has a Canadian/Israeli girlfriend. Good for him. He deserves some success in his love life. ;)

Starbursts are really, really yummy. So are turnovers from Arby's... I had those today, too. And I want to make some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies... 'cause those are really good. I like food. I'm getting fat and I don't caaaaaaare... I'll just go buy some new jeans, hahaha.

I should go to bed so I can get up and sing LALALALALA in the morning. G'night!

4 Comments:

  • yeah he left a message on my phone while I was in class: "Hi Courtney, this is Joe - from Georgia? From TIP? I'm in Israel. Umm..." I was like, I KNOW WHO YOU ARE, goofball. ;P Hopefully I'll be free the next time he calls, haha.

    By Blogger Courtney, at 5:39 AM  

  • Hey you ... I read your entry about how things change and stay the same ... it isn't all about moving on, and not everyone is gone or forgetting. I can very much relate to how you're feeling, because I myself feel the same way ... I love you soo much, and I miss you soo much. And Sarah, I really need you right now ... I'm sorry about Friday ... I tried to call you, but didn't reach you (I slept for like, 12 or 13 hours that day!) But it's really important to me that we spend time together ... I want and need you around, and to be around you ... : ) I'll try calling you later today ... I'm off tonight, but I think my family might be getting together since Saul (Becca's hubby) is leaving for Iraq on Monday ... but I dunno. Love you, Bear ...
    Shwee

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:37 AM  

  • Sarah!
    I miss you! I just read your entry about Sarah and it was beautiful and I never knew how close you guys were and I'm so sorry.
    But then it reminded me of all those days in choir when we would just grin at each other and that card you gave me during "Fiddler" that just made my entire year. I remember when your hair would tickle my arm and I'd move it to the other side of your shoulder. You're one amazing person, Sarah. We really should see more of each other. If you're not busy, you could come down and visit me in the middle of nowhere McPherson USA. I have a place you can sleep and we could just catch up and it would be fun. Let me know!
    I LOVE YOU!
    Jesyka

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:33 PM  

  • ROOM PAINTING ROOM PAINTING ROOM PAINTING

    By Blogger Courtney, at 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home