Sarah, Hopefully

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Do you ever...

Do you ever just want something different? Do you ever just wish you could drop everything and have a totally different life? Or want to.... rewind or fast forward and take a different direction?

I don't know what I'm thinking. Nevermind.

Saw The Phantom of the Opera tonight. Awesome movie. Awesome. I was quite impressed. I also really want to see In Good Company. It looks fun. It seems like I've been watching a ton of movies lately... partly 'cause I have nothing better to do than go walk around Hastings 3 or 4 times a week. If I'm going to spend so much time there, they might as well hire me. ;) Speaking of which... no news on the job front yet. Big surprise. And this week all the KU students return, so my chances of getting hired will be even slimmer. Oh boy. Sounds like a good time to be painting my room.

This week was better than last week... so that was good. I had my voice lesson yesterday and it went really well... for some reason singing is a lot easier now than it was last year. Maybe my voice has matured, or maybe there's less pressure... I don't know. I really like the songs I'm singing, too... so hopefully my audition at APU will go well. I've kind of been college searching some more... trying to find a place closer to home, maybe. I'm not giving up on the other schools... just expanding my options. I'm looking for a good time to go visit Baylor again. Probably sometime in February.

My mom and I sent off a bunch of checks for housing and tuition deposits today... to Biola and APU. Still no word from Baylor, but that's no big surprise. They won't look at transfer applications until after the normal ones. I expect to hear from them by the end of the month, though. Wow, for some reason the word "though" looks spelled wrong. I think I'm just really, really tired.

I'm kind of at a loss for what to do next. No big surprise. Tomorrow I'm supposed to go to church with my parents and try out the college sunday school class. That's a little scary. I'm still not sure how I feel about their church yet. Church still has a lot of confusing emotional connotations in my book... it's weird not to know anyone who goes there... it's weird not to be at the center of everything. It's weird not to be important. But... I promised my mom I would try it, so I will. Therefore, I must be off to bed. It wouldn't be good to face all those strangers looking like the living dead, now would it?

*edit*
I said "no big surprise" a million times in that entry. Wow.

Also, I wanted to mention that I picked up a couple of CD's at Hastings this week for 50 cents each. The Savage Garden CD and EnVogue. Yeaaaaah baby. Savage Garden takes me way back to like... 6th grade. Plus Winter Formal and hearing one of their songs... lotsa memories there. And EnVogue? Well, I will always be reminded of dancing around in Courtney's kitchen making macaroni and cheese. We've got pictures of that somewhere. I'll post one. :)

3 Comments:

  • awww, the night of my big cooking education!

    Sarah explaining why K-R-A-F-T spells "gourmet": Courtney! I'm gonna teach you how to make macaroni! 'Cause REAL women can COOK! You KNOW that's why you don't have a man, right?

    By Blogger Courtney, at 12:52 AM  

  • Hmm....I don't think I would mind trading places with you right now sistah sistah. I would much rather be at home painting my room, watching movies, and searching for a job than here in college doing the ol homework and life is straight up CRAZY for the next 4 months routine...blah. BTW, yesterday I spent WAY too much time with Sarah looking at wedding stuff, and I seriously believe my wedding will be basically planned by the time I'm engaged...so if you have opinions on that whole thing, give them to me sooner rather than later ;)

    By Blogger Julia, at 12:09 PM  

  • Phantom is godly!!! *sings praises* I bought the soundtrack yesterday...agh. Must see it again! I've only seen it once! Tragedy!

    -Lauren

    (The hopeless Broadway addict...including Broadway movies)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home