Sarah, Hopefully

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Call me, call me anytime

I've had that song stuck in my head all day long. Stupid commercials.

It's been raining all day long, with no signs of stopping. I've been content just to stay inside and sleep and read. I feel like I'm finally getting the sleep I need to recover from this dratted sickness that's been plaguing me. I've been sleeping very soundly the last couple of nights, at least.

Hm... frozen twix bars. Interesting. Veeeeeeery interesting...

I think it would be really cool to learn how to make bread from scratch. I know it would be insanely time consuming, but still... it's be an awesome thing to be able to do. Of course, I think that about lots of things. I have managed to learn to knit, at least somewhat-- I have about 3 inches of good knitting accomplished. It would also be cool to know how to sew things, like clothes or quilts or something useful that's not a pillow... but I think I'm a little to impatient. I don't like knowing that I have to screw something up a dozen times before I begin to get good at it. I want to do it and have it turn out nicely the first time!

I'm re-reading this really good series that I just read... Have you ever read a book that completely absorbs you into its world? Where you stay up until some rediculously late hour reading, reluctantly put it down, and then spend the rest of the night dreaming of what comes next? Even though I just read it a week ago, I had to go back and start it again and capture the finer details. Definitely a series I will be buying for myself... I love reading. Especially on cold, rainy, dark days like today. It's comforting just to curl up on my bed by my lamp and read and totally lose track of the hours.

I had this big To Do list for my weekend, and I'm afraid I have accomplished very little of it... but oh well. I've enjoyed the time off from working and things. Last night Murl and I got together and watched movies and ate pizza and talked for hours... It wasn't really that different from the other times we get together, and yet it in some strange way it was. I don't know. Do you ever have moments you just want to put in a glass bottle and seal it up tight, to keep with you forever and ever?

I feel like a big kid. I don't know. Haha. I've been joking with Murl that I'm "too cool for school," but honestly I don't miss it. Not to say that I'll stay away from school forever... if anything, my job search has proven to me that I have very few marketable skills to my name! But it is nice not to have to worry about teachers and tests and homework for a while. I enjoy learning, for the sake of learning-- I enjoy expanding my mind and feeling like I've grown in some way. I know I'll do well in college, once I get there. I'm just not there yet. :)

I suppose that's enough of my fluff and silliness for one evening. This week is going to be a busy one- I'm traveling to John Brown on Wednesday, then on Friday Julia and I will meet my parents in Tulsa for a surprise birthday party for my Grandma (her 80th birthday, woo!), then hopefully Saturday I will be on my way home again. I get my first paycheck this week, all riiight! It won't be much, but it'll be something. Hoo-ray. :)

Leave me a note and tell me what your favorite animal is.

5 Comments:

  • a liger!

    By Blogger Courtney, at 12:38 AM  

  • Ooh the comment thingy has changed...interesting. I'm excited to see you this week, hopefully I won't be freakishly stressed...but uh, no guarantees. My favorite animal is completely freaking obvious, so I'm not even going to write it.

    By Blogger Julia, at 10:25 AM  

  • A panda!!!

    -Lauren

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:14 PM  

  • I like penguins because they’re so awkward. And seriously, what other word has a k next to 2 Ws. But on a snuggliness appearance scale, I would say koalas would win. But turtles kick ass… except for the ones that are mutated and carry weapons… I never much liked the cartoons that those ones made. Overall, I think turtles are my favorite animal. Turtles and people… see, I’d never want to have sex with a turtle (unless it was one of those really hot sea turtles that can get pretty big… if you know what I mean by big. ;) ) but I sex with people is not such a bad idea. Do people count as animals?

    - Austen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:53 PM  

  • I used to like aardvarks, but then I got acquainted with the world’s sweetest puddy tat.
    So now the aardvark has slipped to 2nd place.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home