Sarah, Hopefully

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Phew

So the last week has been kind of a whirlwind of not feeling well... I was having these really sharp pains in my left side and went to the doctor. He thought I might have shingles, which is something you can get if you've ever had chicken pox. He gave me some anti-inflammatories and some narcotic painkillers for my side. The medicine really messed me up and I couldn't drive or anything while I was taking it, but it did help the pain. Anyway, over the weekend I developed a bunch of canker sores in my mouth. I'm talking dozens of sores here... not fun at all. I went back to the doctor's office yesterday and saw a different doctor than usual... She said that since I have sores on both sides of my mouth instead of just one, I don't have shingles. That's a relief. Still don't know what the side pain was about, but I did a little research online last night and I'm pretty sure that the canker sores are from the anti-inflammatory they gave me last week.

The doctor also recommended that I try an anti-depressant for a while. She said that when you've been sick for as long as I have, a lot of times your feelings of fatigue or being unwell are mental-- you're so tired of being sick that you actually prevent yourself from having normal levels of energy, etc. Sounds good to me... I think I have been kind of down these last few months. So we'll see how that goes. I'm supposed to go back and get some blood work done to see if there's something that's supressing my immune system and making me pick up all these weird illnesses. Maybe I'm anemic or something; who knows.

Just thought I'd leave an update here for anyone who is interested. I think I'm on the mend... I plan to go back to work tomorrow. It may be boring, but it's better than sitting around the house watching endless episodes of ER on DVD. (Yeah, I totally watched all of seasons 2 and 3 in a week. Hehe.) Time to earn some more money... wahoo.

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home